Statistics show that staged homes sell in half the time it takes similar, un-staged homes to sell and often above asking price. Here are 3 steps you can take to get the home you're selling market-ready with staging.
A home that's unprepared for market doesn't make an appealing first impression. Even if your time and budget are limited, small preparations will ensure that your home is as appealing to buyers as possible. Here's a handy sequence to follow:
- What upgrades and staging are necessary and what fits in your budget?
- Define your time frame. Will you be listing your home in two weeks or not until next spring?
- Create a thorough to do list and delegate the tasks. Not sure what's necessary to prepare the home you're selling for market? Get a checklist from me! Staging Checklist
- Gather your resources. Will you need extra boxes and off-site storage to conceal your clutter? Purchase or reserve these and buy any staging props you will be using. Which contractors do you need to hire and when can they perform their service? Get on their schedule right away.
Staging and Home Improvements
- Work through your to do list.
- Bring in contractors to perform large tasks.
- Go through your home room-by-room cleaning, de-cluttering, and rearranging.
- Address the exterior. How's your curb appeal?
- Lastly, add staging props.
- Prep for photography. ** Remember that photos are a buyers first impression of your home, so make them count! **
- Set the stage for each showing and any open house events.
- Not sure how to make your home look it's best for photos or showings? Get a Showing Prep List.
It's SO true that you only get one chance to make a good first impression when it comes to selling real estate. Get your home looking its best so that you can appeal to buyers, sell fast, and move on!
Looking for more staging ideas for the home you're selling?
- Read this blog post --- > My #1 Staging Tip
- Get a Staging Checklist to learn what's necessary to prepare your home for market --- > Staging Checklist (this service is available in any location via video call :)
- Shop my recommended staging products --- > Staging Essentials
If you enjoyed this article, I invite you to join me as I share tips, trends and discounts to stage your home. Go here to receive my FREE Curb Appeal Guide (I believe every homeowner and savvy seller deserves great curb appeal :) and weekly staging updates that will keep you in-the-loop!
Follow me on Facebook for daily inspiration - @StageMyListings